Monday, March 30, 2009

Retrospective: The First 100 Days

So, I've been toying with the idea of packaging up the first 100 days of sketches from my blog and offering them in a cute little bound book.

Anyone interested?

The book would be paperback. I haven't decided on size yet, but I'm considering 9x7 landscape, 8.5x11 vertical or 5.5x8.5 vertical. Since it's mostly sketches, I'm thinking black and white (so this wouldn't include any color paintings unless they look just as good in gray tones as they do in color). Even without the color pieces, there would be well over 100 sketches and drawings.

For now I'm just trying to gauge interest, to see if it's worth the effort. I think I could keep pricing at or under $12 per book (I haven't considered shipping costs, yet, but I would imagine given the size, that it would be cheap). So, let me know what you think.

I'm also considering including an original sketch with each book purchase. Crazy? I know it is!

17 comments:

sweetunclelou said...

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Price sounds good to me, too! I would for sure buy one... GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

Peregrine said...

I would totally buy one.

pmbrtrn said...

I'd buy one!

Nichole said...

I would be VERY interested!

Mike Puncekar said...

I kept telling myself... it's only a matter of time before someone turns a profit on this challenge.

If I could scrounge up the cash, I'd be up for a book. can never have enough art books laying around.

ancalavera said...

pack one to spain!

Lokomotivo said...

would definitely considering buying one atleast. like your stuff.

Pete. said...

I hope you ship to Australia ^_^

Matthew said...

I'd buy one most definately. Can you tell me how you'd go about making such a book of artwork? Is there a site you'd use?

Cheers.

Steve Ponzo said...

hell yah

vicki said...

AUGH

pretty please

sarah wurm said...

i want one :)

Dave Crosland said...

Yeah, Thom... if the responses haven't already proven it, I'll just say: Fuck yes. Making a book is a sweet idea. I, too, am hoping to publish the sketches from the Challenge in a nice lil' book.

I'd recommend the 9x7 or 8.5x5.5 sizes for paperback. I think 8.5x11 is better in hardcover format. Word booty.

ChrisHoobler said...

i would definently buy one.

Jōhäŋ Réūsse said...

Never posted on here before, but I would be all over a book if you did that up!

nicole said...

sounds like a good idea..but why now? why not the whole year?

nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.